Find below some seasonal recipes to help you make the most of your allotment crops.
- Recipe ideas – dealing with the courgette glutby NickAt this time of year it’s easy to find yourself completely overwhelmed with courgettes – and of course, turn your back and they’ve quickly turned into marrows! – but don’t despair, here are some great uses for them.
- Recipe: Easy-to-make rhubarb cakeby NickAll the rain we’ve had this month has been great for rhubarb, so if like me you’ve been overwhelmed by what to do with it, why not try this easy-to-make, but delicious rhubarb cake recipe?
- Recipe: Laal Mirch Ka Acharby marymuckAn easy Red Chilli Pickle recipe – and yet another way to preserve your chillies!
- Mary’s Hit Shot Sauceby marymuckI needed a way of preserving all my chillies, an unidentified variety I grew from seeds taken from a pack bought at the International Supermarket.This sauce I made from them is great for accompanying bangers cooked on a barbecue and stuck in a roll.
- Recipe: Nettle soupby NickNow is a great time to be harvesting one of our most underrated – yet free – superfoods. One way of using nettles is to make a soup – and it happens to be one I love.
- Blackberry Jamby NickMake the most of the hedgerow’s free fruit by making this delicious blackberry jam, which you can then enjoy throughout the year.