Find out about events we’re organising on the site, or that are being run by other organisations
that we think you might be interested in.
- Welcome back to the Hub!To mark the occasion of our first reopening, on Sunday 6th June (11am to 1pm), we’re not only having our usual cups of tea, cake and chat, but also plan a plant swap. So, if you’ve got any spare tomatoes, or forgot to plant your cabbage seed, then pop along and you’re sure to find a home for your leftovers or find the missing plants to fill the gaps in your plot.
- 30 Days Wild30 Days Wild is The Wildlife Trusts’ annual nature challenge where they ask the nation to do one ‘wild’ thing a day, every day throughout June. Random Acts of Wildness can be anything you like – litter-picking, birdwatching, puddle-splashing, you name it! But to help you on your way, The Wildlife Trusts will also provide you with a FREE postal or digital pack of goodies to inspire your wild month – including an activity passport and a wallchart to track your progress.
- International Composting Awareness WeekInternational Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) started in Canada in 1995, but has continued to grow worldwide as more people, businesses, municipalities, schools and organisations are recognizing the importance of composting and the long-term benefits from organics recycling.
- Coming out of Covid(?) – Hub spring clean and site improvementsOn Saturday of the Easter Bank Holiday, a group of six volunteers from the allotments society came together to form a work party (now that Covid rules allow) to tidy up around the Hub, put up new noticeboards and erect a boundary fence.
- Join in the Big Garden Bird WatchThe RSPB’s Big Garden Bird Watch takes please from Friday 29 – Sunday 31 January. Find out how to take part.