Find out about events we’re organising on the site, or that are being run by other organisations
that we think you might be interested in.
- The Hub opening times Spring/Summer 2022All sessions from 11am – 1pm Sundays 3 April, 1 May, 5 June, 3 July, 7 August, 4 September Saturdays 14 May, 18 June, 16 July, 20 August All plot holders and co-workers are welcome to come along for tea, coffee and cake, and a chance to swap gardening ideas and meet other plot holders.Continue reading “The Hub opening times Spring/Summer 2022”
- Seedling Swap 2022Sunday, 1 May 2022 from 11am – 1pm The Hub, by Beresford Road Gate All plot holders and co-workers on Craven Vale and Whitehawk Hill Allotments are invited to swap their spare seedlings with other plot holders. If you don’t have any seedlings to swap, small donations to the CVWHAS funds are welcomed. The eventContinue reading “Seedling Swap 2022”
- Ap-pleasant time was had by all!What seemed like a ton of apples were washed, chopped, scratted (and re-scratted), pressed and poured into sterilised and rinsed bottles to produce some litres and litres of lovely scrumptious apple juice at our Apple Pressing Day on Sunday 26 September.
- Apple Pressing Day and Tool SharpeningSunday, 26th September Apple pressing from 11am – 2pm All allotmenteers on Craven Vale and Whitehawk Hill are invited to come along to the Hub by the Beresford Road Gates for our first Apple Pressing Day. Come and process your apples and windfalls into juice. Bring bottles, we can sterilize on site. Donations welcome. IfContinue reading “Apple Pressing Day and Tool Sharpening”
- A good turn-out and interesting discussions at our 2021 AGMOn Sunday 1st August, the committee members of the Craven Vale and Whitehawk Hill Allotments Society, together with several other plot holders, met at The Hub for the Society’s Annual General Meeting 2021. Because it had not been possible to have an AGM in 2020, due to the pandemic, there was a lot to catch up on!